Monday, November 2, 2009

Tis' The Season For The Simple Meaningful Gift

flowers-autumn centerpiece

For some insane reason I have become my family’s designated-go-to-person for holiday ideas, and they look to me to come up with special events and so forth. So I try to think of different things to do to celebrate and earmark the occasions, because tis’ the season after season ...that warms our table and warms our hearts. Although I want our holidays to be special I don’t want our family members to waste unnecessary money on expensive undertakings.

I’ve sent cards, hosted theme dinners, and arranged out of state adventures, but considering the state of our economy, an out of state adventure can be somewhat costly with large families such as mine. Therefore, this year I was trying to do something special with my family; while still staying within a well-defined budget.

Yet, I was at a lost as to what I should or could do.   I considered perhaps once again sending cards to each family member, but everyone sends cards, plus I’d already done that a few years back…then it hit me, I love fresh cut flowers so instead of cards, sending festive floral arrangements seem a bit more meaningful, it says you took the time to select something special for someone special – and family members will remember that you did. It’s such an inexpensive meaningful gesture of love and affection…

If/when you want to wish everyone you know a holiday filled with all the goodness of the season happy thanksgiving - basketand plenty of time to enjoy it. I think flowers can say it all.  If you don’t know who to call or where to go, try Flowers they are able to help you with all your occasion needs. They have something for every occasion ; including Christmas, Thanksgiving, Anniversary, Congratulations, Get Well, I'm sorry, Just because, Love & romance, New baby, Sympathy & funerals, Thank you, & Wedding.

1-800-flowers,  offer plants from Bonsai to house plants; they even offer fruit & gourmet baskets-yummy! Don’t forget they offer to hand-deliver the same day! So, tis’ the holiday season, and I decided to think fresh, think flowers, and think 1-800-flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment